Wednesday, March 27, 2024

There was a Time to Eat White Chocolate

I have a new aberration with time. It seems to be going by too quickly than it used to and it is irritating me to the point I may seem like a total bitch. I try not to let it show, but I’m terrified it is apparent in my everyday facial expressions. As if some stranger would walk passed me and think to themself, “That lady looks like she’s a total bitch.” 

Not all the time do I have bitch face, just usually like nowadays. A time I know I’m OK with time is when it’s time to clock out from work. I had a temporary job at Sees Candy. All of my coworkers seem to like working there. They act like it’s so special to get to work there. I think it’s too bright in the store and am so not thrilled to wear that bow with my name tag. Before I got hired a friend told me that Sees was hiring. Since I had worked for Lowes for one year near the end of the pandemic, I thought my experience would be a good qualifier for customer service. The customers at Lowes did like me. They sure did like me more when I was in the Paint department than when I was a cashier. I was confident in selecting colors for customers who were painting the exterior of their house and wanted suggestions on what color to paint the trim. They also needed help when it came to matching the color of their dining rooms that were close to the kitchen. They usually always wanted a different color rather than just a different sheen. I don’t know why these people had put so much faith in my opinion, but they did. They were unaware I had a degree in fine art and that two of my professors had called me a "colorist." The customers never came back to complain. I don't recall ever feeling like I had a bitchy looking face then.

After gaining 13 pounds in just over a month while working for Sees I quit. I didn’t think I was a "sweets kind of person". I have no special taste for chocolate (yet I prefer dark). But oh my, the Divinity Puff, a fluffy white chocolate center with English walnuts covered in white chocolate is to die for. So is their Cashew Brittle, a buttery brittle with whole cashews covered in white chocolate.

If you are ever close to a Sees Candy, please stop by and try these two white chocolates I mentioned. The employees are also very nice people. I am too, I’m just not a happy bow wearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment