Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Note to a colleague


Hi Katie! 

I found a phone picture of our small Web Imaging Production Team minus one, (omg, I forget his name!) do you remember his name? Cool dude, and a fabulous artist. Our small department always arrived on time and worked a full eight hours on-site. Thanks to our awesome manager, Yuni, "diligent" became more of the meaning I've always interpreted it to be. I have great admiration for that woman. And the rest of you peeps as well. My five months of working there stick in my memory with endearment now 6 years later. If there was an attachment option, I would include the phone pic. Yet, since I am also posting this letter on my blog, I haven't asked and received an "OK" to post publicly, so I guess I shouldn't post it here.

I hope you are doing well. I enjoyed your website. I've been to New Orleans but not New York. My high school girlfriend and I had this lofty plan to 'run away' to Brooklyn from our homes in Torrance, which my sister called Borrance. I had a pen pal in Brooklyn who said we could stay with her in her apartment until we got our own place. However, Kathy's mom discovered that Kathy borrowed her credit cards (presumably without permission) along with acting out some other hijinks and unfortunately ended up in a juvenile hall. Or as she put it, I got sentenced to "Juvy" baby. 

Can you imagine me, the most introverted, sheltered, excruciatingly shy person in high school friends and a lover with the most outrageous, extroverted, bold, confrontational person? It didn't stop there. I've fortunately continued to make the most wonderfully unusual loving and compassionate wild friends with similar outrageous extrovert personalities that have entertained and enriched my life.

I have a picture of us, (my high school girlfriend) dressed up as two Rocky Horror Picture Show characters somewhere on Facebook. She was Columbia (also above, and in my favorite pictures (hard copies) box somewhere in my bedroom). I was Frank N. Furter in his doctor's gown. She was Columbia in her PJs. One weekend night at the Tiffany Theater on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood which played RHPS at midnight every weekend for a few years there was a look-alike contest. Check this out. On that upcoming weekend night, we had our costumes prepared. My mom took our picture prior to our drive up to Sunset Blvd. After the movie ended the contest began. When it came time for the Columbias to go on stage to be judged by applause Kathy chickened out. She stuck to her chair nervously giggling. When they called the Frank N. Furters', I didn't hesitate and walked on up to the stage with the other Dr. Furters. Maybe the bottle of champagne we shared in the parking lot before standing in line helped my (liquid) courage. And when called to step up I distinctly remember the sound of which was the second loudest applause for us Frank N. Furters. Had I been in the corset and fishnets I might have won.
Goodness, I meant to say hello and tell you I still remember how much I enjoyed working with you and the other team members at the San Bruno Sam’s Club during those enjoyable five months. This here is a little text I copied and pasted plus added some more detail to my blog.

Peace and Love,
Kathleen




No comments:

Post a Comment